FAA Awards $371 M to Improve Airport Infrastructure Across U.S.
Friday, July 1, 2022
WASHINGTON— The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) granted $371 million for airfield, security and other enhancement jobs at 169 airports in 40 specifies throughout the nation. This is the 3rd statement of awards for the 2022 Airport Improvement Program (AIP), which moneys a range of jobs such as building of brand-new and better airport centers, repair work to runways and taxiways, upkeep of airfield aspects like lighting or signs, and the purchase of devices required to run and keep airports.
” Airports play an incredible function in regional economies throughout the nation, big and little, and as we emerge from the pandemic there is huge need for flight,” stated U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg. “These grants will assist improve our airports to assist get individuals where they require to go and support the financial life of our country.”
View an interactive map with all the awards.
” Collectively, the $371 million financial investment assists airports throughout the country sustain and enhance vital facilities to advance the most safe, most effective airport system worldwide,” stated FAA Associate Administrator for Airports Shannetta R. Griffin, P.E.
Examples of grants consist of:
- Chefornak Airport (Chefornak, AK): $312 million to fix up the runway and taxiway, enhance runway and other airfield lighting, and set up different navigation help to help airplane security at this rural airport.
- Lea County Regional Airport (Hobbs, NM): $7.1 million for a runway extension and Runway Safety Area enhancements. This task offers broadened air travel gain access to by extending Runway 3/21 to 8,000 feet to satisfy the growing requirements of the neighborhood.
- Onida Municipal Airport (Onida, SD): $ 3.2 million to rebuild a runway and construct a brand-new taxiway. This job will change stopping working runway pavement and enhance security by including a brand-new taxiway to serve the air travel requirements of this rural neighborhood.
- Northwest Alabama Regional Airport (Muscle Shoals, AL): $ 3 million to change the airport’s runway lighting and enhance the security location of Runway 12/30
- Pittsburgh International Airport (Pittsburgh, PA): $2.9 million to buy 7 pre-conditioned air systems to offer temperature level control of airplane at gates. This task will minimize sources of airport ground emissions, enhance airport air quality, and lower using traditional fuels.
- Greensburg Municipal Airport (Greensburg, IN): $ 2.5 million to develop a brand-new 5,405- foot long Runway 1/19 The runway’s brand-new orientation and length will enable the airport to accommodate existing and future airplane.
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (Raleigh, NC): $ 1.3 million to acquire 2 zero-emissions guest shuttle. By minimizing traditional fuels, this task will enhance regional air quality and minimize greenhouse gas emissions.
The FAA has actually granted an overall of $1.53 billion of the $3.2 billion overall financing readily available in Fiscal Year2022 A total listing of grants is on FAA.gov.
24 readers, 1 today