- Pandemic-driven query for ecommerce accelerated gross sales development for every product category.
- And Amazon generates a number of-quarter of US ecommerce gross sales for every category assorted than auto/parts.
- Make you work in the Ecommerce and Retail switch? Salvage switch insights on the most modern tech enhancements, market traits, and your competitors with records-driven examine.
- The following is a preview of one Ecommerce & Retail account, the US Ecommerce by Category 2021 account. It’s likely you’ll per chance well perchance perchance additionally bewitch this account right here.
Amazon’s US ecommerce gross sales will grow by 15.3% this year to $367.19 billion after a meteoric 44.1% rise in gross sales in some unspecified time in the future of 2020.
Ecommerce gross sales at heaps of Amazon’s competitors—including Walmart and Target—are rising sooner, nonetheless Amazon’s gross sales are aloof rising sooner than the final market. Its share of US ecommerce gross sales will lengthen from 39.8% in 2020 to 40.4% in 2021, and at a perform of 0.6 percentage capabilities, this development will in all probability be better than that of any assorted firm this year.
Amazon eCommerce statistics – what’s modified:
- Amazon gross sales blew past our pre-pandemic expectations for 2020. Sooner than the pandemic, we estimated that Amazon’s US gross sales would grow 17.2% to reach $260.86 billion in 2020. As an alternative, they grew 44.1%, reaching $318.41 billion.
- In accordance to overall ecommerce traits, Amazon’s US gross sales development turned into as soon as elevated than anticipated in 2020 all over every category. The largest upward revisions were to food/beverage, which grew 78.5% in 2020, in comparison with our pre-pandemic estimate of 22.7%. “Different”—driven by elevated query for home development merchandise—grew 58.0%, in comparison with our pre-pandemic estimate of 18.7%.
There are two verticals the place Amazon receives the majority of US ecommerce gross sales: books/song/video (83.2% of all US ecommerce gross sales in 2021) and computer/user electronics (50.2%).
The ecommerce large will receive more than 45% of US ecommerce gross sales dollars this year in three additional categories: “assorted” (48.2%), toys/passion (46.0%), and role of work equipment/affords (45.6%).
Every other strategy of having a discover at it: Amazon will receive a number of-quarter of US ecommerce gross sales dollars for every category assorted than auto/parts.
Amazon generates its largest portion of gross sales from computer/user electronics, which is prepared to sort up a number of-quarter (26.6%) of its entire US gross sales this year. Apparel/equipment is Amazon’s 2nd-largest gross sales generator in the US, making up 16% of its entire US ecommerce gross sales in 2021.
This year, Amazon’s fastest-rising section will in all probability be food/beverage (24.7%) as digital grocery continues to propel development in a somewhat low-cross category. (Food/beverage will sort up right 3.7% of Amazon’s US ecommerce gross sales in 2021.) Apparel/equipment, already Amazon’s 2nd-largest gross sales category, will also be its 2nd-fastest-rising category, at 21.4% in 2021.
Amazon eCommerce statistics – what’s anticipated:
- This is in a position to per chance perchance additionally honest beat entire gross sales expectations yet again in 2021. Our pre-pandemic estimates had Amazon rising 15.9% to $302.36 billion this year. We now quiz it will grow 15.3%, reaching $367.19 billion, an upward revision of more than $64 billion.
(Show: We did now not forecast Amazon’s gross sales by category for 2021 sooner than the pandemic.)
Drawn to getting the paunchy account? Here is easy strategies to perform entry:
- Be a part of assorted Insider Intelligence purchasers who receive this account, alongside with hundreds of various Ecommerce & Retail forecasts, briefings, charts, and examine reports to their inboxes. >> Change trusty into a Client
- Take the actual individual account from our store. >> Hang The File Here
Are you a fresh Insider Intelligence client? Log in and be taught the account right here.
This text turned into as soon as originally printed on eMarketer.